scenographe / Decor project manager
- On call - self-employed
Description of the offer
Creativ Nation is looking for a scenographer / Décor project manager on-call to be part of his team at the production / creation department, with the aim of creating inspiring, touching and unifying events. The selected person will evolve within a multidisciplinary team where she will be called to work on the creation, planning, organization, coordination, and development of the scenographic/decor part of the projects.
Under the supervision of the Artistic Director and in collaboration with the Producer, the candidate will have the primary mandate to perform the following tasks, which are divided into three distinct levels:
- Participate in client meetings, in order to understand the main needs, issues and mandate of the project.
- Make site visits.
- Perform image searches of inspirations.
- Make sketches to support your ideas.
- Conceptualize the scenic elements and realize the technical plans.
- Participate in the search for suppliers and manufacturers related to the project.
- Make bid solicitations for custom decor and / or set rental.
- Establish the decor budget and the evaluation of the workforce.
- Create a "Moodboard / Pitch" for the presentation to the client.
- Adjust the scenery plans if necessary.
- Coordinate the production / realization of the sets.
- Follow the workshop for custom-made items.
- Make various purchases / rentals of decorative elements.
- If necessary, take part in pre-production meetings with the client and / or with the suppliers.
- Coordinate the collection of scenic elements in the workshops or the decor warehouses and at the suppliers.
- Depending on the scope of the project, assemble / fabricate items at the warehouse, before delivery to the room.
- Manage the documentation of the scenographic elements of the project (final plans, procedures) to be handed over to the technicians who will do the editing of the sets.
- As the Decor manager, ensure the editing of the scenic elements on the site, if necessary.
- Follow up with the customer at the level of his satisfaction as the final rendering of the project. ( quality control )
- Participate in post-mortem meetings with the entire production team.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in scenic project management in the entertainment, corporate, performing arts or construction sectors.
- Schooling in theatrical production, stage technique, industrial design or any other relevant field, an asset.
- Ability to express oneself easily in French; English optional.
- Excellent command of AutoCAD software.
- Ability to create technical construction plans for the sets.
- Ease with the respect of a schedule.
- Knowledge of Wysiwyg, Sketchup, Indesign, Photoshop software, an asset.
- Good knowledge of MS Office suites.
- General knowledge of manufacturing and finishing materials.
- Understanding of different spheres of audio-visual and technical terms of the event.
Skills and qualifications :
- Interest for the creative and the artistic.
- Care and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a changing environment.
- Sense of the developed organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Good team spirit and collaboration.
- Ability to adapt if last minute change.
- Great resourcefulness and autonomy.
- Salary according to experience
- Flexible schedule
- Possibility of teleworking
- Weekly work (sometimes weekends, depending on the project and traffic).
- Creative enterprise and stimulating projects
ANY APPLICATION MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PORTFOLIO